“Media 4 Change” is launching the call for volunteer position in Solidarity Corps project
This is a fantastic opportunity for young journalists from EU countries contribute to the social change and to carry out a period of full time international voluntary service in Lithuania. The call is open to all young people, age 18-30. We are waiting for your CV and Cover letter by 14th of December 2019 Applications must be sent to email@example.com
EVS period: 2020 January/February – 2020 December/2021 February.
How much will it cost? It is free! Travel, accommodation, food and insurance are all covered by the European Union program Erasmus+. You will even receive a personal allowance each month.
It is expected to host volunteer, who:
- Is 18-30 years old;
- Excellent written English skills. Because English language will be one of the tools of activity;
- Has the attitudes and values of human rights;
- Understands basic principles of journalism;
- Has motivation to work with antiracism campaign.
- Is interested in social communications, journalism, and advocacy.
- Is interested to work in civil society organizations in developing advocacy strategies and media activities;
- Has analytical and organizational skills;
- Motivation to communicate clearly and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds;
It is also preferable if the volunteer:
- Has up-to-date knowledge of digital and social media and their use by human rights activists, including knowledge of key organizations and networks active in the field of digital and social media;
- Is flexible and communicative.
- Would like to edit websites, create videos, logos, banners, posters, etc.
The activities in which volunteer could be involved:
- Coordinating and managing of the virtual platform for organizations and journalists cooperation, consultation, journalistic investigation, publication.
- Participating in national and international training course for journalists;
- Making press releases in English and spreading it;
- Contributing to the international journalistic campaign, which analyses the roots of intolerant attitudes and behavior and promotes public consciousness.
- Contributing to support and consultation process for journalists after training course.
- Researching the impact of the trainings for journalists: making questionnaires, analyzing and summarizing results and making recommendations for the improvement.
- Developing contact list of institutions and organizations related with ethical journalism;
- Digital and social media campaigns activities.
The activities the volunteers could create in “Media 4 Change”:
Coordinate and administrate virtual platform for journalistic investigation and cooperation among the organizations, journalists, consultants (EN version).
Media4change is a powerful movement for highest standards in journalism. We are carrying out journalistic investigations on the issues of human rights, equality and diversity, and working on joint projects with editors and human rights experts. We not only discuss with professionals and experts on what is important, but also we create — one of our main goals is, together with independent journalists and editors, to examine problems that are outside of the media agenda. We believe that the cooperation between NGOs, media and experts is the key to a better representation of socially vulnerable groups.
Questions: Neringa Jurčiukonytė, firstname.lastname@example.org