‘Voice4Migrants’ is launching a call for an international team of ‘change-makers’ for an event in Lithuania
Do you think it’s time for positive change in the way migrants are represented in the media? Do you think politicians who manipulate people’s fears and use hate speech should be challenged? Can you help to make the voices of migrants be heard?
The ‘Voice4Migrants’ project is assembling a team of ‘change-makers’ to join a ‘happening’ in Lithuania this June. It will be a unique opportunity to share ideas and activities from across Europe about the need to rethink the way asylum-seekers, refugees and migrant workers migrants are spoken about in parliaments and the press.
Apply now to join us in Lithuania from 7-11 June 2019, and help to make things happen.
We are looking for at least 5 people from each of the seven participating countries – Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, the Netherlands, and Spain – but welcome applicants from other European countries particularly Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Serbia.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Journalists keen to report on the issues and events raised by the project (we have plenty of useful contacts for them);
- Activists, including media professionals, engaged in advocating for human rights and challenging anti-immigrant policies;
- Academics and communication specialists working on migration issues or producing multi-media material about media portrayed of migrants;
The event will include workshops in preparation for the main event, and opportunities to discover more about the perils faced by migrants including asylum-seekers and refugee across Europe.
Deadline for applications: 20th of March.
Applicants will be selected by an international panel of professionals in the field.
More about the Voice4Migrants Project:
In the context of an increasingly hostile environment and a proliferation of hate speech and hate crime, Media4change with Voice4Migrants is seeking to challenge the divisive narrative about migrants and to create spaces of hospitality and inclusivity.
The project includes:
- Migrants Library
- Posters for Newsrooms
- Journalistic Experiments
- Non-Stereotypical Exhibition of Headlines
This Event is not the end of Voice4Migrants. There will be an evaluation and dissemination event in Lithuania at the end of June.
- S.O.S. Racismo Gipuzkoa, Spain.
- National Institute for Social Integration, Lithuania.
- Szubjektív Értékek Alapítvány, Hungary.
- UNITED for Intercultural Action Network, Netherlands.
- European Youth Press -Network of Young Media Makers EV, Germany.
- Associazione Trepuntozero, Italy.
- Agenzia di promozione integrate per I cittadini in Europa- APICE, Italy
- Dates: 07 – 11 June 2019.
- Place: Lithuania
- Number of participants: 176 (45 out of them are an international group)
- Costs: Accommodation, meals and travel expenses will be met (but travel costs are limited according to distance bands: to be aware, that the contribution to travel costs has certain limits (according to program’s distance band, participants will be reimbursed €275 for up to 1,999 km; €360 for more than 2,000 km.)
To apply please complete the application form.
The call is addressed to all EU countries, Montenegro, Serbia, North Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia, and Herzegovina, Kosovo, but please note that priority will be given to participants from Lithuania, Greece, Hungary, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, and Germany.
If you have any questions or inquiries, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
This invitation is a part of the project “Voice4Migrants”, funded by the “Europe for Citizens” programme.